moovit is revolutionizing the way people experience public transport. By providing up-to-the-minute information, generated by the crowd, moovit gives you a heads up on what’s going on further up your route.
moovit helps take the hassle and uncertainty out of public transport:
- Save time by avoiding jammed and delayed routes
- Find out on which vehicles you can find available seats
- Track arriving buses & trains on the live map
- Choose route based on all public transport methods available
- Discover new routes you were never aware of
- Navigate easily with detailed point-to-point directions
- Receive real time updates such as arrival time notification, or get off at the next station alerts
- Easily share your route and communicate with friends along the way
So how does it work?
You anonymously share your public transport vehicle location and speed simply by riding with the app open during your trip. You can also choose to actively contribute relevant reports such as overcrowding on the bus, an accident that causes delays or an inaccurate station location on the map. By doing so, you join together with the community to create the best real time public transport data and extract much more from the existing public transport infrastructure.
As a user-generated platform, moovit’s live data gets better the more people use it.